Datsun is a Japanese automobile brand of Nissan which caters to entry level car segment. It was recently re-introduced in 2013 after a gap of 27 years and is mainly catering to emerging economy markets. In last 3 years , the brand has done a lot of ground work to enhance its visibility in the highly competitive market .
In India REDI-GO, is 3rd offering by the brand after ” GO “&” GO + “. Pre-launch buzz and experts first hand reviews has created positive vibes and curiosity in Automobile market. Scheduled to be launched on 7th June 2016, the price for the base model is expected to be in range of INR 2.75- 3 Lakh. FEW noteworthy features of this car which even I am looking forward to explore in a ON- Road test are:
- REINFORCED CRASH PROTECTION SHELL – With News making rounds about some crash test conducted by a Global Independent agency and majority of car getting below part rating. I am actually looking forward to a more safe and secure car suitable to Indian Road conditions. With claim of being Better Frontal Offset Crash performance & UN94 crash performance compliant, it can set benchmark for others to follow .
- HIGH GROUND CLEARANCE – With 185 mm ground clearance, driving away from highways would be easy. Majorly this feature is highlighted in SUV or off -road car and this segment is forced to be a city car only. But if the claim is true, I would really drive this one to farthest of villages in Rajasthan without worrying about ground impact.
- SMALL TURNING RADIUS – For People like me, who are always on lookout to go on a weekend break away from city and especially to hill stations in summers? The tricky part is dangerous curves and small lanes to drive in. Also parking in tight space is one of the biggest challenges for Metro city residents. So this feature of Redi Go will surely help to solve this issue.
- Stylish Exteriors : With “ Yukan Design “ , D- Cut Grill and High Stance are surely set this new offering of Datsun to look apart from competitors . It will surely find some new loyal followers for the design theory which created a URBAN cross over. A Car for the youth who doesn’t want to stay indoors and wish to be on ROAD , exploring unknown .
- Comfortable interior : With Spacious Interiors , adding power windows option in this segment and a 89 CC Air conditioner system to survive in these Hot Summers of India is icing on the cake .
It stands to compete directly with Maruti’s Alto K10 , Wagon –R , Hyundai Eon , BEAT . We give our best wishes that this model help DATSUN as a brand to stand out on its own and create new benchmarks and enhance customer delights by its offering.
Hope Price Conscious Customer can find the drive of this car as catchy as it looks and get the drive to be READY and go with Datsun this time 🙂
In short – Fun. Freedom. Confidence. The ultimate Urban Cross – Datsun redi-GO – the capability of a crossover with the convenience of a hatchback.